Beetroot contains fiber, folate and rich in iron. It is good for digestive system and promotes blood flow. Daily intake of a teaspoon of beetroot lehya helps to get all the benefits that beetroot can provide.
- Beet root (grated)-2 cups
- Jaggery- 1/2 cup
- Ginger-2 inch
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper- ½ tsp
- Wash and peel outer skin beetroot. Grate and transfer beetroot to a vessel (alternatively you can grind beetroot). Add very little ghee and fry a little, add little water and cook.
- Grate 1-inch ginger and add to turmeric
- In another vessel, dissolve jaggery on medium heat. Strain and transfer jaggery water to cooked beetroot.
- Add pepper powder and continue mixing till the beetroot mix gets thickens.
- Turn off the heat, cool and transfer beetroot lehya to an airtight vessel.
Benefits of beetroot lehya:
- Reduces anemia, helps in blood circulation
- Reduces blood pressure
- Promotes heart health
- Provides vital vitamins, minerals and boosts immune system
Dosage: Take 1 tsp daily or alternate days to get benefit of beetroot.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 9, 2020