Amla is rich in Vitamin C and tastes both sour and bitter. But the benefits that we get from eating amla is plenty. You can use amla in kitchen as well as in home remedies to improve your health.
- Grated Amla – 4 to 5 cups
- Powdered jaggery – 4 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Wash amla and remove seeds. Grate amla or cut into very small pieces.
- Transfer grated amla to a vessel, add water and cook on medium heat. Let amla cook.
- Meanwhile, dissolve jaggery in half cup water on medium heat. Strain jaggery water.
- Add dissolved jaggery into cooked amla. On medium heat continue mixing, add pepper powder. Mix till the amla and jaggery mixes well.
- Cool amla lehya and transfer to an airtight bottle
Benefits of amla lehya:
- Indian gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C. Consuming this lehya helps in various conditions.
- It is an immune booster.
- Reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth. Prevents gray hair
- It is known as blood purifier
Dosage: 1 to 2 tsp daily or alternate days.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 17, 2020