If you are new to yoga and would like to do inversion poses like shirasasana, you need hours of practices to get there. In the beginning learning basic poses are critical to get into advanced poses. Shashankasana, rabbit pose is beginners pose
Body and Mind
Try Pratyahara! Pratyahara of yoga helps to control senses. In Sanskrit Prati means against or away and ahara means food
It lengthens the muscles of the legs, particularly the calves and hamstrings, builds stability in the pelvis and hips and opens the hip flexors.
Feathered peacock pose is a challenging intermediate / advanced pose that needs several practice session to get into the pose properly
One yoga pose that helps in firming and strengthening entire body is Awkward pose – also known as chair pose. It strengthens triceps, deltoids, abdominal muscles, tones leg muscles and quadricpes.
To stretch abdomen, chest, feet, ankle and to strengthen arm, upper back, hamstring, glute, shoulder and wrists upward plank pose is helpful
Natarajsana is known as Lord of the Dance Pose and is originated by Lord Shiva who is Yoga Guru himself. The pose depicts Lord Shiva’s fondness for dance, expression, and music. It is also a classical dance form of Indian dance called bharathanatyam. This yoga pose is advanced yoga pose and requires balancing act on one leg. Benefits of practicing this pose are : Strenghtens legs, arms, shoulder and spine.
Manduka means frog in Sanskrit language. Uttana Mandukasana is a simple, yet very effective yoga pose. Uttana means stretched up, the pose looks like a frog sitting upright or stretched up. Hence the name Uttana mandukasana.
Know about WeRIndia
- Plant-based 'meat' 'healthier and more sustainable than animal products'
- It doesn't matter much which fiber you choose -- just get more fiber!
- Food stamp work requirements increase mental health care use
- People with poor sleep behaviors may be at risk for fatty liver disease
- COVID-19: New energy for flagging immune cells
- Most high blood pressure in children and teenagers is linked with unhealthy lifestyle