We all are not food scientists to understand the mysterious names of all those ingredients present in the food labels.
Your road to Healthy Life
Dry noodles available in packets in market and grocery shops might contain meat in them.
Gelatin is made from boiling leftover bones (and skins) from processing meat. Gelatin is also present in pill coatings, jellies, beauty products and yogurt.
It is similar to carmine that makes these two juices more pink. The color additive is made from the ground up shells of cochineal bugs.
You might see “Natural flavor” vanilla ice cream on shelf and want to buy. Stop there if you are vegan or vegetarian.
If you are aware of natural Red #4 a coloring additive that gives red color to candies, then you should also know what is the source for coloring agent?
If you look at ingredients list of some branded chips you will see animal products listed.
Dry roasted peanuts are sometime not animal product free. They just does not contain salt and peanuts alone.
Know about WeRIndia
- Low- or no-calorie soft drinks linked to improved outcomes in colon cancer
- High fruit and vegetable consumption may reduce risk of breast cancer
- Caffeine affects food intake at breakfast, but its effect is limited and transient
- Food for thought: How the brain reacts to food may be linked to overeating
- DNA methylation related to liver disease among obese patients, study shows
- Can you have a miscarriage without bleeding?