Turmeric is loved by all. It is good for overall health. Promotes good health, good skin and useful for many conditions. Turmeric lehya provides same benefits and tastes better with other healthy ingredients.
- Fresh turmeric root-5
- Jaggery- 1 cup
- Ginger-1 inch (optional)
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper- ½ tsp
- Ghee- 2 tsp
- Wash and peel outer skin of turmeric root. Grate and transfer turmeric to a vessel. Add very little water and cook turmeric. It will not take longtime.
- Grate 1-inch ginger (optional) and add to turmeric along with ghee
- In another vessel, dissolve jaggery on medium heat. Strain and transfer jaggery water to cooked turmeric.
- Add pepper powder and continue mixing till the turmeric mix gets thickens and ghee separates.
- Turn off the heat, cool and transfer turmeric lehya to an airtight vessel.
Benefits of turmeric lehya:
- Reduces constipation, increases metabolism, balances gut pH, promotes guts health
- Reduces cancer risk
- Promotes heart health
- Provides vital vitamins and boosts immune system
- Good for skin conditions
- Reduces body inflammation
Dosage: Take 1 tsp alternate days to get benefit of turmeric.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 17, 2020