Why True Foods?
Any foods that nourishes body, mind and spirit and is not intervened by humans during the growth is considered to be True foods. In this section we explain about organic and natural foods which are more friendly and easy for human system. True Foods Nutrition is here to show you, how to take control of your family’s nutrition and health and be empowered to make changes that heal, restore and nourish the body.
Food should be medicine for the body and not the other way around. Selecting proper food sources helps to build a healthy body and peaceful mind. True Foods Nutrition is not about counting calories. It is not a diet, but a lifestyle change that leads to the restoration of your natural vitality and health.
Choose food as medicine for the body – the key to overcoming numerous health issues we experience today. You don’t have to be a die-hard Yogi to dine at True Food Kitchen. You need only a desire to give your body nutrients, and your palate something memorable. A honest food always tastes good and builds good healthy body.
Be smart in your eating habits, when you thrive on following few tips it helps you to feel better about body and mind.
- Ethically raised grass fed meats and eggs
- Wild seafood and fish
- Healthy fats
- Organic and local fruits and vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Pro-biotic (lacto-fermented foods)
- Eat seasonally available fruits and vegetables
- Eat fresh foods either organic or natural that are not manufactured naturally by nature
- Eat the food that has come out of ground with very little intervention of humans to your plate
- if possible eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables everyday -if you cannot afford spread it 3 fruits and 2 vegetable servings and vice versa.
- Eat more nuts and seeds
Whenever possible and if available go for organic and natural foods. Make time and look for groceries and vegetable markets that sell local produce. Understand how to store fresh vegetables and fruits. Under the nutritional values of foods that you are going to consume. During seasons buy those vegetables and fruits that are meant for the season. In India varieties of breakfast, lunch and dinner can be prepared using limited vegetables. Learn how to cook based on your family needs. This is where true food plays a major role in our life. A healthy family is always a happy family.