Centella asiatica commonly known as gotukola is well known memory booster. Lehya prepared from gotukola plant is good for children and adults.
- Fresh gotukola plants – Cut parts -2 cups
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Collect gotukola leaves with stem. Wash using water. Remove soil and debris.
- Cut leaves and stem into small pieces and grind.
- Dissolve jaggery in water on medium flame.
- Transfer gotukola paste into a vessel, add little ghee, pepper powder and mix well.
- Add dissolved ghee to gotukola mix and continue mixing the contents till the mix absorbs jaggery and thickens.
- Turn off the heat, allow mix to cool and transfer gotukola lehya to an airtight container.
- Eating this lehya morning in empty stomach activates metabolism.
- It is a good brain tonic for children and helps brain cells.
- It is good for elderly too, as it helps to reduce memory loss symptoms.
Dosage: 1 to 2 tsp daily or alternate days.
Image credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Centella_asiatica_in_Karnataka.jpg
Attribution: Shashidhara halady / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 9, 2020