Flaxseed is well known for its omega-3-fatty acids and is a friendly herb for balancing hormones, to promote cardiovascular health. Flaxseed also has culinary applications – flaxseed chutney powder, burfi, used in pudding etc. All these forms of flaxseeds have several benefits for various conditions. Flaxseed lehya can be consumed for the same reasons. It tastes good too!
- Flaxseed -1 cup
- Cumin -1/2 tsp
- Coriander -1/2 tsp
- Ginger -1 inch
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Ghee- 2 tsp
- Dry roast flax seeds and allow it to cool. Prepare flax seed powder.
- In a vessel dissolve Jaggery, strain the water.
- On medium heat, place a vessel, add flaxseed powder, grated ginger, cumin, black pepper powder and ghee followed by jaggery water. Mix well till the contents cook and absorb jaggery water. Ghee should separate from mix as it thickens.
- Turn off the heat, let the mix cool. Transfer flaxseed lehya to an airtight bottle.
Benefits of flaxseed lehya:
- Helps to control cholesterol
- Contains fiber and helps in digestion
- Reduces joint pain and increases muscle strength
- Good for cardiovascular health and liver.
- Good for hormonal balance, assists in fertility and menopause
Dosage: Take 2 tsp daily or alternate days to get benefit of Flaxseed
Image credit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flax#/media/File:Brown_Flax_Seeds.jpg (Flax seed), Sanjay Acharya / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 17, 2020