Fenugreek is well known medicinal herb. All parts of the fenugreek plant are medicinally useful. Fenugreek seeds has multiple benefits and is used in culinary preparations as well as in home remedies.
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Clarified butter – ¼ cup
- Jaggery – ½ cup
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Wash and soak the fenugreek seeds in water for five hours.
- Strain water and grind soaked seeds to a paste.
- Transfer fenugreek paste to a vessel. Place it on medium heat, add water and continue stirring.
- After 3-4 minutes, add clarified butter, powdered jaggery and black pepper.
- Continue mixing till the water evaporate and mix separates from the ghee. Turn off the heat.
- Allow lehya to cool down and then transfer to an airtight container.
Benefits of Fenugreek lehya:
- Fenugreek lehya is good for nursing mother and is a postnatal home remedy to gain strength for new mother. It increases breast milk production and helps to absorb calcium and vitamins.
- It is also good for digestion and improves metabolism. Hence this lehya can be consumed by others who suffer from indigestion and body inflammation.
Take 1 or 2 tsp daily to get benefit of Fenugreek.
Image credit; https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Methi_by_ashish2_closeup.JPG
आशीष भटनागर at Hindi Wikipedia / Public domain
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 9, 2020