Side effects of Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds and leaves both are edible – seed powder, leaves fritters, sambar, curry etc.
- Urine and body odor: Higher dosage of fenugreek results in strange body odor and urine odor
- Lose motion: Eating fenugreek leaves and seeds known to cause motion. In excess it can result in lose motion. Lactating mothers need to be careful while consuming fenugreek leaves or seeds.
- Hypoglycemia: While it is good for diabetic patients, it can also cause hypoglycemia or lowering sugar level. It can result in seizure and brain damage.
- Allergy: In some rash, hives, fainting types of reaction can happen, and it is common symptom.
- Uterine contraction: Pregnant women should not exceed fenugreek dosage as it might cause early labor due to presence of oxytocin.
Other side effects: It can cause irregular breathing, thyroid abnormality and might interfere with drugs and can seriously bring down sugar level causing death.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 28, 2018