Yoga Sutras are written by Sage Patanjali many centuries back. The basis of classical yoga philosophy is described in 196 sutras or discourses. These discourses available in simple verses are full of knowledge, wisdom and depth. Yogis who want to learn the total inner meaning of yoga practice and meditation can follow this spiritual practice to attain wisdom of yoga. In Yoga sutra it is very well explained 196 sutras in four texts.
- What yoga is – Samadhi pada
- How to attain yogic state – Sadhana pada
- Benefits of regular yoga practice – Vibhuti pada
- Freedom from suffering – Kaivalya pada
In yoga sutras Patanjali describes the eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga that helps yogis to walk in yogic path and achieve yogic life. Further in these eight limbs, the first two limbs of Ashtanga yoga are Yamas (moral disciplines) and Niyamas (observances) that teach us life disciplines to achieve peaceful life.
- PATANJALI YOGA SUTRAS – 2012 by SWAMI VIVEKANANDA
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 8, 2019