Further in these eight limbs, the first two limbs of Ashtanga yoga are Yamas (moral disciplines) and Niyamas (observances) that teach us life disciplines to achieve peaceful life.
Tag: Patanjali yoga
The five yamas are first step to achieve yogic path and comes before poses or asanas. These yamas are helps to bring harmony in body, mind and sense for higher yoga practice.
Ahimsa – Non harming or nonviolence is the widely known yamas. Practice of not harming others and nonviolence in all aspects of life means not physically and mentally
The purity of speech is sathya, it is about speaking truth, conveying truth and not deceiving oneself and the world.
Non- stealing was one of the 11 vows that Mahatma Gandhiji was practicing. Asteya yama is non-stealing act that one must practice achieving self-confidence.
Celibacy or Brahmacharya traditionally refers to abstinence of the young yogis who control their desires during early part of lives
Whenever yogi’s practice yoga, they must not hold onto things that causes imbalance in the body. Aparigraha or non-attachment or non-possessiveness will help yogis to achieve balance
Know about WeRIndia
- Protein supplement helps control Type 2 diabetes
- Wake up and smell the burning rubbish? Secrets of disordered smell found
- How eating eggs can boost heart health
- Drug that lowers blood sugar also reduces blood vessel dysfunction caused by aging
- Desire for son in Nepal may impact on girls' health and wellbeing -- new study
- Taste buds can adapt to low salt diet