Small things to big things can bring worries in life and can result in anxiety. Things may remain tense for longtime in our system due to anxiety. We all go through anxiety in our lives for various reasons. For some people anxiety is becomes part of their life as they do not know how to get help or they may not able to express why and for what reasons their system is disturbed.
The anxiety can interfere significantly with daily routines, job performance, social life and making it difficult to complete school, interview and get a job, and have friendships and relationships.
General symptoms of anxiety attacks are:
- You feel unusually panicky, scared and uneasy
- Your heart beat may increase
- You tend to get uncontrolled, obsessive thoughts of past traumatic experiences
- You wake up from frequent nightmares
- You tend to wash your hands repeatedly.
- Problems in sleeping
- Hands and feet unusually sweaty
- You get frequent palpitations
- Urge to go to urination frequently
- Feeling thirsty a lot with dryness in mouth and throat associated with fear and panic
- The feeling of -what if I cannot do this or what people thinks about me or what if I am a failure
- Feeling of embarrassed in public
Increased work pressure, choice of lifestyles, bad relationships and mental tensions could lead to stress and anxiety. Depending on drugs can be harmful for the body, especially one need to be careful of getting into addiction. There are so many medications available in the modern medicine system to come out of anxiety temporarily. Instead of getting addicted to medicines try to come out of anxiety naturally with help of ancient techniques that involves yoga.
TRY these techniques and you will start appreciating yourself:
Do you know regular yoga helped many in recovery from anxiety attack? It is scientifically proven that practicing yoga, breathing and meditation can help to stay relaxed and calm in day to day life. Pranayama, yoga asanas and meditation – all three in sequences can reduce the stress and anxiety. To gain new strength and to develop positive attitude in life ancient yoga helps.
Yoga asanas to reduce anxiety:
Following yoga postures helps in releasing “good” hormones that gives relaxation for our mind and gives energy to our body.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
- Janu Shirsasana (One-Legged Forward Bend)
- Setubandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- Marjariasana (Cat Stretch)
- Paschimottanasana (Two-Legged Forward Bend)
- Hastapadasana (Standing Forward Bend)
- Adhomukha Shwanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
- Shirshasana (Headstand)
- Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
Practicing Pranayama breath helps mind to move away from the negative thoughts that breed anxiety.
1. Nadi shodhan pranayama or alternate nostril breathing – releases stress from system
2. Kapal Bhati Pranayama -Skull-Shining Breathing – removes nervousness. Kapalabhati pranayam is a perfect breathing exercise for curing nerves weakness problem. With this pranayam almost all nerves in your body will be energized and gets stable. This breathing technique helps in insomnia condition too!
3. Bhastrika Pranayama – Breath of fire- Our heart and head get adequate quantity of fresh and pure air by which our health will improve
4. Bhramari Pranayama – Bee breath – The humming sound during this breathing practice helps in reducing the migraine headache and also builds confidence. It helps in instant relief of tension and anxiety!
Meditation helps too!
Meditation brings down the anxiety by reducing the heart beat. In other words it stabilizes the heart beat. Those tensed muscles of our system get relief when we meditate. To bring back stress hormonal level meditation is one of the best solutions. Practicing meditation two times a day – morning and evening helps in getting good night sleep and anxiety free mind.
Also read what are grandma’s natural remedies for anxiety? CLICK BELOW