By practising yoga one can benefit a lot. People who have thyroid problems can stimulate thyroid glands and balance the hormone to bring back normalcy in thyroid gland by practising some of the yoga poses on day-to-day basis. Here are few yoga poses that helps to control thyroid conditions.
- Ustrasana (Camel pose): This asana also give stretch to the neck.
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation), Surya Namaskar and Kapalbhati are very beneficial to reduce the symptoms of thyroid.
- Setubandh sarvangasana (Bridge formation pose): This is one of the important yoga for thyroid disorder. While performing Setubandh sarvangasana, if the practitioner success in forming a good bridge, the neck get ample amount of stretch, which is good for thyroid gland.
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand pose): Srvangasana is the most important pose to stimulate thyroid gland and control thyroxin. This is the most effective yoga pose where blood flow from legs to head region due to its inverted condition thereby helps in curing of thyroid.
- Viparitakarani (Inverted Pose): The meaning of Viparita is ‘reverse’ and Karni means is ‘by which’. Viparitakarni helps to balance the functioning of thyroid and eases the complication caused by hypoactive thyroid. This is also one of the important asanas for thyroid disorder.
- Halasana (Plough pose): Hala means plough. The pose resemble to Indian plough hence it is called halasana. This yoga exercise gives compression to the neck and stimulates the thyroid glands.
- Matsyasana (Fish pose): In this asana take the form of fish. Hence the name is Matsyasana. Matsyasana provides adequate stretching to the neck region thereby stimulate the thyroid gland.
- Bhujangasana (The cobra poses): There are some sorts of compressing and stretching in the neck while performing advanced Bhujangasana, which helps in regulating thyroid glands.
- Sirshasana (Headstand pose): Sirshasana is one of the finest Yoga postures to manage thyroid gland. Sirshasana acts directly on the thyroid glands, helping to balance the metabolic functions and bring about wakefulness and alertness, but without excessive nervousness. Malfunctioning of the thyroid can result in many ailments either directly or indirectly. Sirshasana helps to bring perfect health to this vital organ.
- Dhanurasana (The Bow pose): The bow pose massage the thyroid gland effectively and compel the gland to produce required amount of hormone to control thyroid.
Images: from google images
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 16, 2018