Anxiety can happen to anybody for small to big reasons. Health, office, colleague, friends, family issues or simple thought of meeting and talking to new people, new surroundings can cause anxiety. There are several home remedies for every day anxiety and nervousness. Grandma is giving some of the popular remedies for anxiety (Caution: do not combine these remedies with the prescribed medications).
1) Centella (gotu kola, timire) plant is brain tonic plant. To 21 Centella leaves add 7 black pepper, 5 grams rock candy and 5 almonds – Grind all together and make paste. Every morning prepare this mix and have with one glass milk in empty stomach.
2) Soak 60 gram peanuts in 1/4 liter water overnight. Filter the water in morning to a cup and to this filtered water little rock candy. Mix well and drink in empty stomach in the morning.
3) Ash gourd pulp – Remove the pulp (about 25 grams) and soak in about 60 ml water -overnight. Grind this in the morning with 5-gram honey and have this every morning for next 2-3 weeks.
4) Eat guava fruit one or two every day. Guava helps in bringing down the adrenalin response by returning it to normal more quickly. When your body and mind is under stress of any kind, eating fruits containing Vitamin C helps.
5) Centella leaves -21 , black cumin- 1gram, honey 5 grams and akarkara root 3 grams mix and grind. Take this everyday 1 gram morning and evening for a month.
6) Add banana stem juice 15 ml to a cup of coconut water and consume once every day for a month. This helps in bringing down anxiety related blood pressure.
7) Add 1 or 2 tsp of honey to mango pulp (1 cup) and drink. Mango also contains vitamin C and eating mango fruit reduces the tension and anxiety level.
8) Every day consume few Tulsi leaves. Tulsi being holy plant with several health benefits including reducing the anxiety of the nervous system calm’s the mind.
9) Soak palasha /muttuga seeds in amla juice and sundry these soaked seeds. Grind these dried seeds in little milk and honey and consume this for few days.
10) Grind a tsp of poppy seeds and 1/2 grated coconut in 1/2 cup of water – grind it to paste. Add 10 grams of jaggery and boil for few minutes. Drink this every night for about 2 weeks to get relief from anxiety.
11) Drink Turmeric milk with saffron every night. Turmeric milk helps you to sleep better and gives relief to stressed mind.
12) Consume little snacks every 2 or 3 hours. Because anxiety can cause lack of appetite, eat small snacks during the day. This helps brain to be attentive and calm.
13) Avoid coffee and carbonated drinks if you have anxiety. Coffee reduces sleep and increases strain on brain cells by triggering anxiety.
14) Prepare juice using 5 guava fruits, 1 cup of orange juice and 1 tablespoon of honey. Add little lemon juice, pinch of salt and sprinkle pepper powder and drink every morning for few days.
15) In empty stomach drink at least 2 glasses of warm water every morning. Drinking warm water soothes stomach and relieves any built up tension.
16) To warm water add 15-20 ml of amla juice or 10-15ml of Aloe vera Juice and drink in the morning in empty stomach. This helps in clearing stomach and brings anxiety and tension down.
17) Banana tea helps to bring anxiety down: Boil one organic banana in a small tea pot and a pinch of cinnamon powder. Boil it for around 10 minutes. Drink it one hour before bed time.
Palasha/Muttuga: Butea monosperma
Akarkara: Anacyclus pyrethrum Akarkara
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 27, 2018