Sabudana or Sago is a healthy food as it supplies protein, iron and calcium. It helps in fighting fatigue and keeps blood pressure level under control. A favorite food of many- who keeps fasting for various reasons. Did you know sago is rich in folic acid and Vitamin B and is prepared from tapioca? It helps to prevent fetal birth defects and improves the development of unborn baby.
If you are fond of Idli then try this sago -rice rava idli.
- 1 cup small size silky Sago
- 3/4 cup idli rava
- Chopped green chilli – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- One green chilli
- One small piece of Ginger
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 & 1/2 cup sour curd or buttermilk
- Oil or ghee – 1/2 tsp
- Few Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt to taste
- Few curry Leaves
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp ( optional )
- Urad daal – 1/4 tsp
- Wash and soak sago and rice rava in curd or buttermilk for minimum 8 hours
- Make tempering by heating oil in a small pan add mustard, cumin, urad daal, cashew nuts and curry leaves
- Add seasoned ingredients, chopped coriander, ginger and salt to the soaked sago -rice rava mixture. Mix well.
- Apply ghee or oil to idli plates or molds.
- Pour the sago- rice rava mix into Idli plates and steam it for 5 to 6 minutes
- Turn of f the heat and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove idli’s using a spoon and serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: November 4, 2016