Kale-Potato Hot Soup
Winter is almost here. With flu, cold and running nose one feels to have something hot that can also be prepared within few minutes. Kale-potato Tomato soup is an option and nutritious too. Find the recipe below.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Oil (your choice) – 3 Tbs
- Shallots – 4 (sliced)
- Celery- one stalk (chopped)
- Kale leaves – 4 cups (chopped)
- Potato – 3 medium size (peel and cut into pieces)
- Tomato -1 (slice into 4 pieces)
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Heat oil on low flame and add cumin, pepper, ginger, shallots, celery and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes. Stir the contents occasionally.
- Add kale leaves to the vessel. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the vessel and allow it to cool.
- Using a blender, puree the soup until it is smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a vessel and add lemon juice.
- Add cream or butter and bread crumbs and serve. If needed heat the soup before serving.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: November 1, 2016
Write a comment