1. Slowly lower yourself on the mat and lie on your back.
2. Hug your knees to your chest, and then slowly lower your knees to your right side, so that your right leg is resting on the floor and your left leg is stacked on top of the right.
3. Keeping both of your shoulders in contact with the floor, extend your arms out along side you and turn your face to your left side.
4. Stay here for 5 breaths and then repeat on the opposite side.
5. You can also cross leg by placing one thigh on another and twist your body as described above.
This relaxing pose will release your lower back and increase overall spinal flexibility at the same time. It also massages lower back and hips.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: March 17, 2017