Centella asiatica, also known as gotu kola, is an annual herb native to India, Australia and Asia. Its leaves are eaten as a vegetable and it is also an important herb in the traditional medicine systems of those places. Research has revealed support for several of Centella asiatica’s purported health benefits. Gotu Kola is a rejuvenative nervine recommended for nervous disorders, epilepsy, senility and premature aging. As a brain tonic, it is said to aid intelligence and memory. It strengthens the adrenal glands and cleanses the blood to treat skin impurities. One of its constituents, asiaticoside, works to stimulate skin repair and strengthen skin, hair, nails and connective tissue. n India, Gotu kola is regarded as perhaps the most spiritual of all herbs. Growing in some areas of the Himalayas, gotu kola is used by yogis to improve meditation.
Know about WeRIndia
- 10 Best Relaxing Drinks To Make At Home
- Zodiac Signs That Are Ranked To Be The Most Selfless Signs
- How deep is a vagina? What to know
- Shenga Holige Recipe | How To Make Peanut Poli | Shenga Poli Recipe | Peanut Obatu Recipe
- 10 Ways To Clean Up Your Diet For A Healthier Heart
- How Is Ugadi Celebrated In Different States?