Carom also known as ajwain, omu has several home remedy characters. Keep a bottle of ajwain seeds and it will come handy with various benefits. These seeds resemble cumin or jeera, smaller in size.
1) For hiccups: Dry roast and powder carom seeds. To one tsp of carom powder, add one tsp of honey and mix in hot water and drink. Hiccups will disappear!
2) For bloating: After heavy meals and during bloating of stomach chew few dry roasted seeds of carom or mix powder in hot water and drink three times a day.
3) For stomach worms: Mix 2 betel leaf juice with a tsp of carom powder and take 2 times a day. It is a good vermifuge!
4) For indigestion: Mix 1 tsp ajwain powder and 1/2 tsp rock salt in a cup of warm water and drink twice a day.
5) For throat problems: If you feel irritation in the throat and has problem talking then mix ajwain powder with honey and consume.
6) Increase metabolism: Prepare a mixed powder of three wonderful herbal seeds. Take fenugreek seeds 250 gram, ajwain seed 100 gram and kali Jerri 50 gram – dry roast three types of seeds separately and allow them to cool. Prepare powder of three seeds and mix them. Every night consume 1 or 2 tsp of this mix and drink warm water.
Did you know? Carom is also helps in reducing weight by increasing metabolism!
7) Add to fried foods: For easy digestion of fatty foods add one or two tsp of carom seeds when you mix the dough. When you prepare fried items using besan flour (gram flour) or all purpose flour add carom seeds and it will help to digest the food by making it easy on stomach.
8) Good carminative: To release gas from the intestine during indigestion or after heavy food intakes chew few seeds of carom.
9) Effective breathing: If you feel heavy breathing or irregular- breathing chew seeds of roasted carom.
10) Bloating during menstruation: To reduce bloating and to remove excess water from the body carom seeds intake helps.
11) Menstrual cramps: Carom seeds acts as a nerve tonic, hence it can lower menstrual cramps during menses.
12) For lactating mothers: To increase lactation boil water and add a tsp of ajwani seeds and little jaggery. Strain and drink the water.
13) For inflammation: To reduce body inflammation drink ajwani seeds water – boil water and add a tsp of ajwani seeds and continue boiling fore few more minutes. Strain and drink water. It is helpful in providing muscle relaxation.
14) For acidity: Mix one tsp of carom seeds with one tsp of cumin seeds. Consume them on a daily basis with some ginger powder.
Carom or ajwain has several such good reasons to store in the kitchen. You can add carom seeds when you prepare curry or roti or chapati. This gives a little different taste for the regular foods.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 6, 2016