Improper digestion leads to hair loss. Constipation and indigestion lead to loss of nutrient in the body. This will cause hair fall and results in unhealthy and dry hair too. Practicing diamond pose or vajrasana after Shirsasana helps to bring digestion process in order and promotes nutrient supply to hair.
Vajrasana also helps to prevent acid reflux and stomach ulcers. Acid reflux causes hair loss. Diamond pose is one of the highly recommended pose to reduce the stress which is one of the major reasons for hair fall in many.
Vajrasana is a very simple pose. If you have knee problem, you will find it difficult to sit. Otherwise,
- Sit straight on the floor. Stretch legs and keep spine straight.
- Fold both legs by bringing the calves under the thighs.
- Place both hands on upper thighs.
- Sit and relax. Focus on breathing. Inhale and exhale for 5-7 breath.
- After one practice stretch both legs and give them a shake.
- Repeat the pose for two more times.
Biswarup Ganguly, CC BY 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 28, 2020