One of the popular simple and effective yoga poses that prevents hair loss and baldness. It is highly recommended for hair aliments. Bal stands for hair and vyayam is exercise. Exercising for hair is Balayam. It is combination of yoga and acupressure therapy.
How to do balayam yoga?
- Sitting straight, bring hands together in front of your chest.
- Curl your fingers so that palm will face each other, and nails should face each other.
- Keep thumb sticking out as in the picture
- Start rubbing the nails vigorously up-down for about 15 minutes.
Remember -Do not include thumb nails while rubbing nails.
This stimulates the scalp cells and known to boost natural hair growth and cure Androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness. The pressure points under the fingernails puts pressure like needle pricking but without pain and inconvenience.
When one practices balayam, the nerves below nail that are connected to scalp stimulates blood flow and oxygen circulation to scalp. Rubbing fingernails helps in rejuvenating hair follicles and enhances hair growth by controlling the level of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This results not only in hair growth, reduces dandruff formation, helps to maintain thick, dense hair. In addition, it helps to relief headache and neurological related pain in head.
Balayam also stops early graying of hair. Practicing balayam regularly – daily 3 to 4 times at few hours intervals- for four to five months will yield the results.
- Curl the fingers of both your hands inwards towards your palm.
- Bring your nails in contact with each other and start rubbing them. vigorously. Ensure leaving the thumbnails out.
- Keep rubbing it continuously for 5-10 minutes
Image credit: Pinterest
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 28, 2020