Honey and citrus fruit combination always works miracle. Honey is known for its antimicrobial property and it is a natural preservative. It is incorporated in our traditional medicines because of unique properties.
Citrus fruits are immune boosters as they contain Vitamin C and helps in cold, cough and brings back energy to body. Citrus fruits are good for digestive system and helps in removing toxins from body.
Together honey and citrus fruits bring all good qualities. Add little spice to honey to make it tastier and sprinkle it on citrus fruits with pomegranate seeds – you will have delicious spiced honey citrus salad and will get all health benefits.
- Black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Crushed red pepper – ¼ tsp
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon stick – 3 inches
- Bay leaf -1
- Medium size oranges – 3
- Mandarin oranges – 3
- Ruby red grapefruits – 2
- Limes – 2
- Pomegranate seeds – From 1 fruit
- Honey – ½ cup
Toppings: Extra virgin olive oil, fresh mint leaves and sea salt
- Add black peppercorns, crushed red pepper, cloves, bay leaf, honey and cinnamon. On medium heat bring the contents to boil. Remove it from heat and allow it to stand for half an hour.
- Peel oranges, grapefruit, lime and remove bitter white pith. Cut each fruit into think round shapes.
- Arrange cut fruits in a platter and sprinkle pomegranate seeds.
- Now, pour desired amount of spiced honey mixture on fruit platter through a fine wire mesh strainer. Discard solids form the liquid.
- Top with olive oil, few mint leaves and sea salt.
Recipe reference: Wegman’s
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: January 29, 2018