- Don’t throw orange and lemon peels. Cut them to pieces and sundry the peels. Put them in the bottom of cooker with water. Cooker will not change its color inside and remains shiny.
- Do not cut and keep citrus fruits for longtime. They lose their Vitamin C nutrients. Instead, squeeze the juice and store it in refrigerator.
- If you buy many lime and lemons, soak them in water for half an hour every day and remove. This keeps them fresh for many days.
- Hold lime or lemon under warm running tap water for few seconds and cut open. You can squeeze more juice from them with this method.
- While preparing lemonade, add little salt with sugar and this gives better taste for the juice.
- If you have lot of lemon juice use it this way: Prepare a seasoning as follows – take a spoon of oil, heat on low flame, add little grated ginger, two green chilies, mustard and little asafetida. Add this to lemon juice with little salt. You can mix this with rice while preparing lemon rice!
- When preparing lemon pickle do not squeeze the lemon skin – it gives a bitter taste to pickle. Instead, cut lemon to equal size and prepare pickle.
- When you prepare fruit salad add little lemon juice to retain the color of fruits (especially apple and banana)
- When you prepare spicy buttermilk, if you would like to have little sourness then add little lemon juice to enhance the taste
- If you have extra lime or lemon juice, use it this way: Cut onions and add little chat masala, chilly powder little salt and turmeric powder. Then add lemon juice to this mix. Have with chapatti, roti or pulav rice as a side dish (like pickle)
- Mix lemon juice with castor oil and apply onto hair and face. Leave it for half an hour and wash hair using lukewarm water and clean the face. See the changes yourself!
- For okra curry, instead of using tamarind water while cooking, add little lemon juice in the mid-way of cooking (to avoid bitterness) – this gives better taste for okra curry
- For nausea – Add lemon juice, cardamom powder, sugar and salt to water and have. This reduces the nausea and vomiting
- While traveling by bus or car, carry one or two lemons/limes in hand. If you feel like throwing up keep smelling the fruit. This really helps!
- Mix lemon juice, turmeric, castor oil and apply on your face. Leave it for few minutes. This removes any dead skin from your face and gives glow to skin!
- Orange peels – store sundried orange peels in an airtight container. You can add them to dessert as zest and can use them to prepare spicy gojju/curry with jiggery
- Mix vinegar and citrus juice in 20 oz water. Use this liquid to clean surfaces.
- Mix citrus juice and baking soda in a glass of water. Microwave the solution and remove it. Clean the inner surface of microwave with the accumulated vapor. For the solution that is removed, take a part of it and keep it in refrigerator for an hour to remove the odor. For rest of it add little vinegar and use it for cleaning sink.
- Use squeezed lemon waste to clean the silver vessels.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: August 1, 2017