Apart from cooking and for salad dressing, olive oil can be used in different ways too.
1) Chopped lips: Place a small amount of oil on your fingertips and rub across your lips. This helps in curing chopped lips.
2) Polishing furniture: Combine two parts olive oil with one part lemon juice or white vinegar. Add the ingredients to a clean spray bottle, and shake up. Spritz on the contents and wipe off with a clean paper towel. Wipe off using clean paper towel.
3) Paint remover for hair: Some paint that sticks to your hair after painting your home or finishing art work can be removed using olive oil. To remove paint from your locks, moisten a cotton ball with olive oil and gently rub into the hair.
4) Take Off mascara: Dip a cotton ball in a bit of olive oil and wipe across the eyelashes to remove mascara. Follow up by wiping your eyes with a tissue.
5) Fingernail treatment: Soak your nails in olive oil for a couple of minutes each week. This helps in keeping moisturizer in your finger tip and helps in avoiding chopping off the finger nails.
6) Moisturize the skin: Microwave a few tablespoons of the oil until it is lukewarm to the touch. Rub it on dry parts of your body to soften the skin.
7) Acne eraser: Mix four tablespoons of salt and three tablespoons of olive oil to create a paste that treats acne-ridden skin. Pour a small amount into your hands and work into the skin using your fingers. Leave on the remedy for a couple of minutes, and then rinse off with warm, soapy water. This mixture exfoliates and moisturizes your skin.
8) Replacement for shaving cream: Olive oil allows the blade to glide over the face or legs for a safe shave, while moisturizing the skin at the same time.
9) Degrease your hands: To remove grease and other stickiness from your hands use olive oil. Rub olive oil vigorously using your palm for few minutes and wash off with soap and water.
10) For constipation: Take one teaspoon of olive oil mixed with lemon juice on an empty stomach – in the morning. Some people have also made olive oil enemas using five ounces of the oil mixed with 20 ounces of boiling water that has been cooled to a lukewarm temperature.
11) Homemade bath scrub: Enjoy a relaxing shower or bath with a homemade bath scrub made from three parts olive oil and two parts sea salt.