Cut up peels into small, nickel sized pieces and lay them in the sun to dry. Store in a tea box or glass jar until you need to use them. This powder helps in many ways:
1. Pomegranate peels are great treatment for diarrhea and a remedy for sore throat.
2. It fights acne, pimples and rashes – Mix with turmeric powder and prepare a paste using water. Apply on face- wash after ½ hour !
3. It prevents wrinkles and other signs of ageing
4. It acts as a natural moisturizer: Pomegranate restores the pH balance of the skin. The ellagic acid present in the peels lock moisture in the skin.
5. It acts as an effective facial scrub- Pomegranate peels can help in removing dead skin, black and white heads
6. It acts as natural sunscreen – It has sun-blocking agents in them that can save skin from the harmful UV rays
7. Reduces hair loss and prevents dandruff- Mix powder in water and apply on hair. Leave it for few minutes and wash hair.
8. It’s an excellent home remedy for sore throat -prepare tea using powder, strain and drink
9. It protects against heart disease -It also lowers cholesterol levels, reduces stress hormones and restores heart health
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 5, 2017