Looking for a tasty instant snack item?
Try instant rava vada (semolina vada). It is very easy to prepare with ingredients readily available at home and is very tasty.
Just make sure you don’t eat more than two as it contains some amount of oil.
- Rava (semolina)– 1 cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Cumin – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 Finely chopped
- Ginger – Grated ½ inch
- Green chlli – 1, finely chopped
- Salt – as per your requirement
- Cilantro/corinder – 2 Tbs finely chopped
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Oil – for frying
- In a container mix rava, cumin, onion, ginger, salt, chopped coriander, ginger, asafetida, green chilli, curry leaves by adding curd. If needed add little water and mix well.
- Keep dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- Apply little oil on palm and take a small amount of dough and flatten it. Give donut shape by making a hole in the center.
- Heat oil on medium flame and slowly, carefully release the vada in hot oil. Fry till it turns golden brown.
- Remove vada and place on paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot vada with green coconut chutney.
Rava vada can be a breakfast item or evening snack or can be a lunch item too.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: February 5, 2018