Paneer burji is a good lunch item for kids and office going people who would like to carry lunch from home. And, it is a replacement for egg. One will get enough protein and it is tasty too. It goes well with roti, chapati, bread, puri etc.
Paneer is Indian style cheese. It can be prepared at home easily. It is soft cheese and as popular as regular cheese.
Many states from North India use paneer as one of the main ingredient in their dishes. It supplies lot of protein as it is prepared from milk. It does not melt easily and holds its texture.
It can be marinated and grilled easily. It is somewhat like tofu. It mixes well with vegetables and spices.
100 gram of paneer provides about 18.3 grams of protein. It also contains carbohydrate and fat.
Try paneer burji for a change in place of egg burji.
- Paneer – 1 cup
- Fresh peas – ½ cup
- Bell pepper (green or red) – 1 cup
- Tomato – ½ cup
- Coriander and jeera powder – 1.5 tsp
- Green chilli – 2 or 3
- Salt as required
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cilantro/coriander chopped – 2 Tbsp
- Oil or ghee – 1 Tbsp
- On medium heat, heat oil and add cumin seeds, green chillies. Fry for few seconds and add turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder (jeera, dhania powder). Continue frying a minute.
- Meanwhile, get ready with paneer – either crumble paneer or grate it and keep it aside.
- Now add fresh peas and fry. Cover the lid so that, fresh peas becomes tender.
- Now add cut tomatoes and fry for two minutes.
- Add cut capsicum (bell pepper) and mix well. Let it cook for couple of more minutes.
- Switch heat to low heat and add crumbled paneer and mix well.
- Add salt and stir the mix. Add chopped cilantro leaves and mix well.
- Turn off heat and serve hot paneer burji with puri or chapati or bread.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: January 22, 2018