Honey gives tremendous health benefits to humans. It has been in use from many centuries and is popular ingredient in home remedies. In India, it is one of the ingredient for religious purposes too.
- Sweetener: Raw liquid honey, used in tea and sharabath as sweetener.
- Dark honey: The darker the honey, it contains more antioxidants. Pinocembrin an antioxidant present in honey helps to improve brain functioning.
- Wounds: Honey can be applied on wounds (burn wounds) to heal.
- Immunity booster: Because of its anti-microbial and antioxidant property honey helps to improve digestive system and stay healthy and fight disease.
- Anti-cancer: Consuming honey reduces the chance of getting cancer as it prevents carcinogens and is anti-tumor
- Brain booster: It helps to reduce dementia by improving brain’s cholinergic system and circulation
- Reduces inflammation: Honey reduces body inflammation and chronic pain
- Cough remedy: Honey with other herbs (ginger, holy basil) reduces cough. There are many cough medicines available with honey as ingredient
- Sobering agent: Honey acts as a sobering agent in liver and reduces alcohol affect
- Self-detox agent: Honey with vinegar detoxifies the system
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 12, 2017