For evening snack try an easy recipe – Quinoa zucchini fritters. To make it tasty and interesting add fenugreek leaves. Fenugreek leaves gives nutty flavor when fried. It improves the taste too! We all know health benefits of quinoa. It can be cooked and used in various forms. Quinoa supplies many nutrients including good amount of protein. And, zucchini supplies almost no calories. Combine these three ingredients with some Indian spices and try preparing delicious fritters – quinoa zucchini fritters!
- Zucchini – Shredded 3 cups
- Onion – 1 cup
- Quinoa – cooked 1 cup
- Rice flour – 2 Tbsp
- Bread crumbs – ½ cup
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1 chopped
- Cilantro – Chopped 2 Tbsp
- Fenugreek leaves – chopped ½ cup
- Boiled potato – 2 medium
- Curry leaves – few chopped
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Oil – as needed
- In a clean muslin cloth place shredded zucchini for half an hour to remove water. Do not throw the zucchini water.
- Transfer zucchini to a vessel. Add cooked quinoa, breadcrumbs, rice flour green chilli, cheese, chilli powder, smashed boiled potato, curry leaves, cilantro, cumin and salt. Mix well and store in refrigerator for 15 minutes.*
- If you need to add water, use little zucchini water to mix.
- Take out the mix. Take a small ball size mix in hand and flatten it in the palm.
- Heat a tava on medium heat or use iron skillet and spray little oil on the surface. Now place flattened quinoa-zucchini masala mix on the tava. Spray more oil on individual flattened patties.
- Cook the patties till they turn golden brown on both sides and edges. It will take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer cooked patties to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot quinoa- zucchini patties with green chutney or tomato sauce!
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 8, 2019