Vegan friendly zucchini fritters are an evening snack and is easy to prepare. Zucchini is low in calorie and high in anti-inflammatory contents. Zucchini is one of the healthy food that one can have. It is considered as one of the top favorite vegetable of weight watchers due to low in calorie and glycemic index. Due to its high water percentage, zucchini is low in calories, carbohydrates and sugars. It is high in essential nutrients like potassium, manganese, and antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Grated zucchini ( 2 cups)
- Basen or chickpea flour (4 Tbs)
- Rice flour (2 Tbs)
- Red chilli powder (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp)
- Finely chopped green chilli (one)
- Coriander/cilantro chopped leaves (1 Tbs)
- Cumin seeds (1/4 tsp)
- Salt (as required)
- Grated ginger (1/4 tsp)
- Cooking oil
- Zucchini has water content. Before proceeding with steps, remove the zucchini water by adding a pinch of salt and sit it aside for about 5-6 minutes.
- Squeeze the liquid from zucchini and transfer to a bowl.
- Add all ingredients to zucchini and mix the batter well.
- Now heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Take a spoonful of zucchini batter and release it slowly in the heated oil.
- Turn the zucchini fritters and cook both sides.
- Once the fritters turns brown take them out and transfer on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot fritters with your choice of chutney or ketchup.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: January 3, 2017