Immune Booster Guduchi Amruthaballi Khashaya
Boosting immunity is critical to stop falling sick. Strong immunity means, your body will fight back against all those germs. There are many ways to boost the immunity. One herb that is great for fighting several types of sickness and for a stronger immunity is Guduchi also known as Amruthaballi (Botanical name: Tinospora cardifolia).
According to Ayurveda, this astrigent, bitter and pungent herb along with removing accumulated Pitta, has immense potential to balance all the three Doshas in the body.
Amruthaballi concoction or khashaya is a traditional Ayurveda and home remedy. To this wonderful herb add few other medicinal herbs and drink daily or occasionally. It will support your body to fight outside germs.
What you need for preparing this concoction?
- Guduchi -Amruthaballi – Fresh or dry leaves (tender stem can be included) – about 7-8 leaves
- Grated ginger- ½ tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Tulsi leaves – 5
- Ajwain leaves or seeds – 2 leaves or 1/2 tsp seeds
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Jaggery powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Crushed garlic – 1 clove (optional, you can replace ginger with garlic clove)
All ingredients in Guduchi khashaya have healing properties.
Guduchi – Amruthaballi (Amtriavalli ) plant has many medicinal properties. It is used extensively in Ayurveda to treat multiple conditions. In can be grown and used in home remedies. How guduchi benefits our health?
- is immune booster
- detoxifies body,
- is known to reduce fever,
- balances blood sugar,
- good for arthritis,
- reduces inflammation,
- reduces allergy symptoms,
- it is effective against respiratory infections,
- reduces stress and anxiety, boosts liver function,
- has anti-inflammatory property,
- helps improving vision
- rejuvenates body
- reduces stress, helps in relaxation
Cumin – Good for digestion, increases appetite, controls blood sugar level
Ginger- reduces cough, cold and inflammation
Turmeric- reduces allergy, reduces inflammation, it exhibits antibacterial property
Black pepper – reduces sore throat, cough, allergy, fever symptoms
Ajwain – both leaves and seeds good for throat irritation, reduces bloating, increases appetite, improves breathing
Tulsi – Holy Tulsi reduces fever, cough and cold symptoms, promotes breathing
Jaggery – improves digestion, good for cough and cold symptoms
Garlic – with its antibacterial property garlic makes it good remedy for cold, cough and fever.
To prepare Guduchi Kashaya
- Add jaggery to two cups water and heat water on medium heat.
- Crush cumin and pepper and add to water.
- Cut Guduchi leaves, ajwain leaves (if you are using seeds crush the seeds), tulsi leaves to boiling water
- Add grated ginger (or crushed garlic clove), turmeric.
- Bring the contents to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Strain Kashaya and drink half to one cup everyday till the symptoms reduces.
Guduchi is a wonderful immune booster herb. The only side effect one can expect is, sometimes consuming guduchi can cause some constipation. Eating fruits, vegetables or fibrous foods will reduce constipation.
- Mokkie, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
- Image by Дарья Яковлева from Pixabay
- Image by Azlin Bloor from Pixabay
- Image by Amatus Sami Tahera from Pixabay
- Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay
- Image by Joseph Mucira from Pixabay
- Image by Rohit Bhusan from Pixabay
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 24, 2022
« Here Are Twenty Home Remedies of Rose Plant That You Need To Know Home Remedies for Premature Graying of Hair »
Write a comment