To build immunity and to boost immunity apart from regular exercises, we should focus on our food intake. There are several herbs that help us to boost immunity because of their unique ingredients or phytochemicals.
Kadha is traditional Ayurvedic herbal preparation that helps us to fight microbes. Ingredients of kadha might vary but most of them will have herbs that are infused to bind together to form a strong liquid that fights against infectious diseases in our body. Here is a recipe of Kadha ingredients of which provide several medicinal benefits to fight Covid-19 kind of infectious disease.
Tulsi leaves: Also known as Holy basil helps to reduce phlegm, mucus in the body. It boost immune system to fight against microbial invaders.
Ginger: Reduces inflammation and has anti-viral/ anti-microbial properties. It is always recommended for cough and cold.
Black pepper: Reduces inflammation, soothes system and exhibits anti-microbial property, and helps in curing cold and cough.
Cloves: Cloves have antiseptic properties. It has highest oxygen carrying capacity or ORAC number. ORAC number of ground cloves is 314446 units per 100 gram! Hence it helps to prevent cough and cold.
Turmeric: We all know that turmeric has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. It helps to rejuvenate cells and clears the phlegm.
Honey: one of the strong medicine gifted by nature to fight against microbes. It is a good remedy for cold and cough.
How to prepare kadha?
- Water: 2 cups
- Ginger: One inch, crushed or grated (or ginger powder)
- Cloves: 4-5
- Black Pepper: 5-6 crushed or ½ tsp
- Holy Basil Tulsi : 5-6 leaves
- Turmeric: ¼ tsp
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Cinanmon sticks: one inch two pieces
Preparation of kadha:
- Boil water in a vessel
- Together crush ginger, black peeper, cinnamon, cloves in a mortar.
- Add all crushed ingredients and turmeric into boiling water followed by Tulsi leaves. Let the contents boil for 10 minutes or till the water reduces to half by boiling. You will get concentrated liquid.
- Strain the liquid to drinking cups, add drops of honey and drink.
Drink this two times a day – morning and evening or night to keep your immune system strong and to build stronger immunity.
Image credit: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/293367363233724812/
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 22, 2021