- 4 Cups cranberries
- 2 1/2 Cups of crushed pineapple with juice ( or one 20 ounce can)
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 3 Cups sugar ((white or brown))
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons pectin (one 1.75 ounce box)
- Combine the cranberries, pineapple, lemon juice, orange zest, sugar, and pectin in a pot on the stove over low heat. Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to boil.
- Crush the fruit in the mixture with a potato masher over medium heat on the stove until the jam boils for approximately 15 minutes – or longer if you want thicker jam.
- There are two ways you can preserve the jam. You can can it in a water bath or you can stuff it in the freezer to make freezer jam.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 24, 2016