- 100g Chillies
- 2kg Sugar (white or brown)
- 470ml Apple cider vinegar
- About 8 small crab apples (or 3 large cooking apples)
- Put a small saucer in the fridge to chill.
- Trim and deseed the chillies then pulse in a blender. Remove any loose stalks from the crab apples and pierce the skin in several places.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large, heavy bottomed pan. Stir briefly, then bring to a rolling boil for around 15 minutes.
- With a spoon, drop a small amount of jam on to the plate. After a minute or two, give the jam a gentle push with your finger. If the jam wrinkles or ‘skins up’, your jam is ready. If not, keep checking every 5 minutes until you get it there.
- When your jam passes the plate test, remove the apples and skim any foam off the top.
- Transfer jam to jars and screw the lids on tightly and leave to cool.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 24, 2016