To create awareness about juvenile cancer types, symptoms, treatments and to support, September month has been chosen by medical community.
Your road to Healthy Life
Types of Childhood Cancers
Early signs of pediatric cancer are sometimes hard to spot, since childhood is filled with common illnesses and injuries.
What are the risk factors for developing a childhood cancer?
Lymphoma starts in certain cells of the immune system called lymphocytes. These cancers affect lymph nodes and other lymph tissues, like the tonsils or thymus.
The most common childhood cancer, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia accounts for about 34 percent of all cancers in children.
Brain tumors and other nervous system tumors make up about 27 percent of childhood cancers. There are many types of brain tumors and the treatment and outlook for each is different.
Neuroblastoma arises from immature nerve cells in infants and young children. Primarily found in children younger than 5, this disease often begins in the adrenal glands and makes up 7 percent
Know about WeRIndia
- Causes and treatment of vaginal cuts
- What to expect during IUD insertion
- Menstrual cups: Everything you need to know
- Why you love coffee and beer
- Children and teens who drink low-calorie sweetened beverages do not save calories
- Walnuts may help lower blood pressure for those at risk of heart disease