For a cold winter everyone needs something hot for the dinner. Here is a soup recipe that is popular amongst gluten-free food lovers. Kids will love this too. Try Sweet potato-ginger-carrot soup this winter. It is delicious and can be stored for 2-4 days. The taste gets better after a day or two!
Sweet potato diet is also good for weight watchers. It contains vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. And they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.Carrots are highly nutritious and contain beta-carotene needed for tired eyes. They are also good source of fibers that helps in easy digestion.
Sweet potato-ginger-carrot soup recipe for serving 6 people. Calories/ cup approximately 89
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups peeled, diced sweet potato
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup cut peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small sweet onion, diced fine
- 10-12 black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- Salt as required
- In a large pan add little oil of your choice, heat and add sweet potato, carrots, ginger, onion, cumin seeds and pepper and fry for few minutes (till pepper cracks)
- In a container bring water to boil.
- Transfer the fried contents from ingredients to water and cover the lid.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Take half of the sweet potato & carrot from the water, cool it and blend it until it turns smooth.
- Add blended sweet potato back to the container.
- Cook for few more minutes.
- If you feel soup is thick, add little more water.
- If you want little richness in the soup, then you can 1/4 cup coconut milk to soup while boiling.
- Fry few cut onions and on top of the soup.
- Serve soup hot with bread rolls or crackers.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 9, 2015