Sweet Corn Soup preparation – Simple Recipe
Here is recipe for sweet corn soup. Ingredients used here are readily available at most homes. This soup can be prepared throughout the year. Corn as main ingredient, this soup is nutritious. Adding Indian spices makes it tastier
- Olive oil or canola oil -2 to 3 Tbsp
- Big white onion – 1/2
- Garlic cloves – 2-3
- Potato – One medium size
- Tomato -One medium size
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Celery – 2 inch piece (Optional)
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Corn -from 2 cans or 3 ears
- Cilantro -1/4 cup
- Green onions & cilantro chopped -1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1&1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Butter – 1/4 oz
- Lemon juice
1) Peel potato and cut into two halves. If you are using canned corn, drain the water.
2) Boil corn, 1/2 onion, potato, tomato, celery, cilantro and ginger in a pressure cooker.
3) After, boiling the above ingredients allow it to cool. Keep 1/2 cup corn aside. Using a wet mixer/wet grinder grind the rest of corn and other ingredients.
4) In a vessel heat oil and add cumin, garlic and crushed pepper.
5) Add 1/2 cup corn (lightly sautéed) followed by grinded mixture with salt.
6) Allow it to boil once under low flame/low heat.
7) Add butter before serving. Garnish with freshly chopped green onions and cilantro leaves.
8) Add lemon juice; serve this soup for dinner with bread or roti or chapatti.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 1, 2015
Write a comment