Carotenoids also act as antioxidants in the human body. They have strong cancer-fighting properties, Some carotenoids are converted by the body to vitamin A, which is essential to vision and normal growth and development. Carotenoids also have anti-inflammatory and immune system benefits and are sometimes associated with cardiovascular disease prevention. Carotenoids are plant pigments responsible for bright red, yellow and orange hues in many fruits and vegetables. These pigments play an important role in plant health. People who eat foods containing carotenoids get protective health benefits as well. Carotenoids are a class of phytonutrients (“plant chemicals”) and are found in the cells of a wide variety of plants, algae and bacteria. They help plants absorb light energy for use in photosynthesis. They also have an important antioxidant function of deactivating free radicals — single oxygen atoms that can damage cells by reacting with other molecules, according to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. Carotenoids are present in carrots, yams, sweet potatoes, papaya, watermelon, cantaloupe, mangos, spinach, kale, tomatoes, bell peppers and oranges are among the fruits and vegetables in which carotenoids can be found.
Know about WeRIndia
- Male Birth Control Pill Found To Be Effective And Cheap
- DIY Home Remedies To Remove Upper Lip Hair
- March 21st Onwards, Each Zodiac Sign Will Get Affected In The Next Few Weeks!
- Rajgira Poori Recipe | Navratri Special Rajgire Puri Recipe | Navratri Vrat Recipes
- 7 Foods You Should Eat When You Are In A Bad Mood!
- 5 Zodiac Signs Who Will Never Ever Forgive You