Tamarind is a very large tree with heavy drooping branches and green foliage. It is indigenous to South Africa but grows extensively in India.
Tag: Indian soups
Mango season is not over yet. You may find raw and sour mango in the market.
For a cold winter everyone needs something hot for the dinner.
Rasam is Indian version of soup. Tamarind rasam has tamarind as main ingredient with asafetida, tomato (optional), turmeric, lentils, pepper, red & green chillis, cilantro or coriander leaves, salt and garlic (optional).
One of the healthiest foods that we all use is onion. Onions are members of plant family that also has garlic and chives. For most of us cooking without onion is unimaginable.
Sometimes shallots have a sweet, bold flavor. Ideal in sauces and gravies, or sautéed and added to vegetable side dishes. Shallots are very mild and sweet.
Ramps looks like scallions and leeks but have broader, greener leaves
ometimes referred to as green onions, they have a pleasing mild flavor that lends itself to using raw in salads and as a garnish for soups, salads or pasta, as well as in quick-cooking dishes like western stir-fries
Know about WeRIndia
- New study calls for mitigation, monitoring of common grease-proofing food packaging chemicals
- Fasting is required to see the full benefit of calorie restriction in mice
- Chronic Pain
- Key protein linked to appetite and obesity in mice
- How highly processed foods harm memory in the aging brain
- Early modern human from Southeast Asia adapted to a rainforest environment