Mango season is not over yet. You may find raw and sour mango in the market.
Tag: Indian soups
For a cold winter everyone needs something hot for the dinner.
Tamarind is a very large tree with heavy drooping branches and green foliage. It is indigenous to South Africa but grows extensively in India.
Rasam is Indian version of soup. Tamarind rasam has tamarind as main ingredient with asafetida, tomato (optional), turmeric, lentils, pepper, red & green chillis, cilantro or coriander leaves, salt and garlic (optional).
One of the healthiest foods that we all use is onion. Onions are members of plant family that also has garlic and chives. For most of us cooking without onion is unimaginable.
Sometimes shallots have a sweet, bold flavor. Ideal in sauces and gravies, or sautéed and added to vegetable side dishes. Shallots are very mild and sweet.
Ramps looks like scallions and leeks but have broader, greener leaves
ometimes referred to as green onions, they have a pleasing mild flavor that lends itself to using raw in salads and as a garnish for soups, salads or pasta, as well as in quick-cooking dishes like western stir-fries
Know about WeRIndia
- Nutrition has a greater impact on bone strength than exercise
- Diets rich in fish oil could slow the spread and growth of breast cancer cells
- Moving location of fruit and vegetables can lead to 15 percent sales increase
- Parasites from medieval latrines unlock secrets of human history
- How a breastfeeding mechanism may affect breast cancer
- Increasing vigorous exercise decreases risk of type two diabetes, cardiovascular disease in childhood