Is there extra, left over rice at home and don’t know what to do with it? Don’t throw rice and don’t waste it.
Prepare cutlet by mixing rice with potato!
Potato and rice cutlet is as delicious as potato or corn cutlet.
What you need?
- Left over rice – 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes – Smashed or shredded one cup
- Peas -1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Green chilli – chopped ½ Tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Cilantro -1 Tbsp finely chopped
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few chopped
- Gharam masala (optional) – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Bread crumbs – ½ cup (optional)
- Boil potato and cook peas.
- In a bowl mash rice and boiled potato. And mix both well.
- Add rest of the ingredients – cooked peas, chilli, salt, cumin, curry leaves, ginger, garam masala, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Mix well to make sticky dough. Prepare small lemon size balls.
- Heat oil in a container on medium heat.
- Apply oil on your palm and roll potato dough balls to patties in your palm.
- Apply bread crumbs on the patties.
- Release coated patties carefully in the oil. Fry cutlets till they turn golden brown on both sides
- Remove cutlets and place it on paper towel to remove extra oil.
- Serve hot cutlets with your choice of green chutney or tomato ketchup!
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: April 19, 2018