Looking for a quick, easy party snack item? Here is one yummy snack – Corn cutlet. You can bake or deep fry this snack. It is good school lunch for kids and an evening snack item too.
Total cooking time is about 40 to 45 minutes.
1. Potatoes – 4-5
2. Corn kernels – 1/2 cup
3. Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
4. Green chilli (chopped)- 1/2 tsp
5. Salt – as needed
6. Asafoetida – a pinch
7. Carrot – grated 2 Tbs
8. Cilantro/coriander leaves chopped – 1/4 cup
9. Oil for frying
10. Broken cashew – 10-12
11. Bread crumbs
Instructions: You can either deep fry cutlets or bake them.
If you are deep frying the cutlets then,
1. Boil the potatoes, remove the skin and mash them in a bowl.
2. To mashed potatoes -add corn kernels, chili powder, coriander leaves, carrot, green chilli, cashew, asafetida and salt. Mix well.
3. Prepare equal sized balls from the mix and flatten them in hand or you flatten them to the shape that you want.
4. Dust bread crumbs on both sides of cutlet or simply roll them on breadcrumbs.
5. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil on medium flame and drop the flattened mix.
6. Fry them to golden brown color on both sides.
7. Take out from the oil and transfer to paper towel to remove excess oil.
8. Serve hot corn cutlets hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney or coconut chutney.
If you do not want to fry the cutlets and would like to bake then use a oven to bake:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Mix all the above ingredients together nicely as in above steps (1 to3)
3. Roll cutlets in breadcrumbs.
4. Line the baking tray with foil paper.
5. Grease the foil paper using little oil.
6. Bake the cutlets for 15 mins on one side, flip and bake for another 15 mins until light brown on both the sides.
7. Serve hot cutlets with side dish of your choice.