Winter is becoming harsh and there is flu outbreak!
Who does not want to have hot food while sitting at home and take care that irritating throat?
Try a nutritious soup for cold and flu.
Basil zucchini jalapeno soup is very tasty and not only it gives taste bud a lift, it also helps throat to recover.
What you need?
- Olive oil – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Chopped green onions – One bunch
- Zucchini – 1 medium size
- Basil – Half bunch
- Jalapeno – 1 (remove seeds and cut into small pieces)
- Cilantro – 1 bunch
- Crushed black pepper – 1 Tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Make a puree of zucchini and basil using a grinder/mixer.
- On medium heat place a container and add olive oil.
- To slightly heated olive oil add garlic, green onions and jalapeno. Cook the contents while stirring for few minutes.
- Add zucchini and basil puree and continue stirring.
- Add chopped cilantro and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the content to cool.
- Add this soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with croutons and fried onions and serve hot with bread, chapatti, roti or as a starter before lunch or dinner!
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 3, 2018