ABC halwa is a simple sweet recipe (halwa is an Indian sweet dish) and takes only 30 minutes to prepare. It contains two fruits and one vegetable as main ingredients -Apple, Banana and Carrot! Hence the name ABC halwa !! If you don’t want to consume much sugar and fat, then reduce the quantity of both ingredients for your satisfaction. You can prepare this sweet for children, guests, family and for festival occasions.
- Apple – 1 cup
- Banana – 1 cup
- Grated carrot – 1 cup
- Coconut – 1 cup
- Clarified butter (ghee) – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1.5 cup
- Milk (optional) – ½ cup
- Saffron – pinch
- Cardamom powder – little
- Raisin – Few
- Cashew- Few
- Grind or finely grate carrot. If you are adding milk, while grinding carrot add milk
- Mix fruits, sugar, grated carrot and coconut.
- On medium heat, place a vessel suitable for halwa preparation. Transfer the above mix to vessel and continue mixing so that on heat source ingredients mix and becomes one mass.
- Add clarified butter (ghee), saffron and cardamom powder. Continue mixing on low heat.
- In a small frying pan, fry raisin and cashew with very little ghee.
- Add fried raisins and cashew to halwa. You can sprinkle other types of nuts too (pistachio, almond)
- Remove halwa from heat source, serve hot.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 31, 2020