Carrot Laddu Recipe For Makar Sankranthi
Carrot laddu is a tasty dessert that takes less time to prepare. On the occasion of Makar Sankranthi festival give it a try and prepare carrot laddu using simple ingredients.
- Grated carrot: 1 cup
- Grated coconut: 1 cup
- Jaggery: 1 cup (or sugar)
- Ghee: 2-3 spoons
- Besan (gram) flour- ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – little
- Cashew and raisins- few
- Fry besan powder in ghee. Let it turn to golden brown color and release the fragrance.
- Prepare thick jaggery (or sugar) water using ½ cup water. Thickness can be tested by holding the jaggery water between two finger and it should stick to fingers, leaving thin thread when you separate the fingers.
- Add grated carrot and coconut to jaggery mix and continue mixing the contents on low flame.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- In a separate vessel fry raisin and cashew to golden brown. Add this to carrot mix.
- Continue mixing on low flame till the whole mix starts separating from the bottom of the vessel.
- Prepare small round laddus. After cooling laddus completely, transfer laddus to airtight container.
Image credit: Image credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/282812051587420529/
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 14, 2021
Write a comment