Nature is going through change in the season. Next few months will be harsh winter. Winter has so many effect on our body. Hair fall, itching skin, fever, cold, dandruff, allergy, asthma… all these conditions prevails during winter. We need to take care of our body and stay healthy by following some precautions.
1) Don’t forget to exercise for an hour – any form of exercise is good, best is yoga.
2) Before starting exercise, warm up your body. If not you may hurt your muscles and joints.
3) Take hot water bath twice – morning and evening. Let the shower be quick – do not expose your body to too much hot water as it will dry your skin.
4) Make it a habit to drink ginger khashyam morning and evening. It helps you keep your body away from cold and cough.
5) Have hot food. Do not eat cold food or drink cold juices.
6) Drink plenty of warm water. Drink warm water in empty stomach.
7) After meal, sit in lotus pose for few minutes for easy digestion of food.
8) Practice breathing exercise twice a day.
9) Go to bed early and get enough sleep.
10) Keep a humidifier in your bedroom during night time. It helps to remove dryness in your nasal passage.
11) If Son is out and you feel less cold – open at least couple of windows and front door for few minutes to bring fresh air inside the house.
12) Wear socks to protect your legs from cracks. Apply Vaseline and other suitable crème to reduce the risk of crack in your feet.
13) Apply oil on your body: Once a week, before taking shower apply slightly warmed sesame oil on your body. This keeps your skin oily and protects from dryness.
14) Don’t forget to apply oil on your hair. Dry weather damages hair totally and you may end up in losing lot of hair. Applying good hair oil helps in reducing hair fall during winter.
15) Use skin friendly bath soaps, hand soaps and moisturizers to keep yourself protected from dryness.
16) Instead of having cold salad, drink hot soup -vegetable soup (mixed) or other varieties of soup – lentil, pea, beet root, tomato, carrot, pumpkin soups are good during winter.
17) Add few Tulsi leaves to boiled water and drink throughout the day.
18) Eat those vegetables and fruits that are available during winter season.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 9, 2016