Overtime kitchen cabinets get dirty. Especially when you are on move, you need to clean the house before selling it or handing it back to the owner.
Cabinets are sources of dirt, bacteria, oil and grease and it might take time to clean the cabinets.
Once in two weeks or once a month if you start cleaning the cabinets using any one of the tips, cabinets look clean and dirt free.
It saves your money on cleaning services and helps to keep your family healthy.
- Use Vinegar: Mix warm water and white vinegar in 1:1 ration (50/50) in a spray bottle and spray on cabinet doors. Wait for five minutes and then, wipe off with soft and clean old cloth. Use the liquid to clean inside the cabinet to keep it clean and shining.
- Vinegar, olive oil and warm water mixture: Mix these three ingredients – For 4 Tbsp vinegar, add 1.5 cups of warm and two tsp of olive oil. Shake well and spray on cabinet surface. Use a clean cloth and wipe cabinets.
- Use dish soap or detergent: In a spray bottle add few drops of dish soap or detergent to warm water. Shake well and spray on cabinets. Use a soft, slightly dampened cloth to rinse away soap liquid from cabinet followed by a wipe using dry cloth. Use a soft cloth and rub the surface. Use same past inside cabinet to keep it clean and shining.
- Coconut oil and baking soda: Take one part of coconut oil and two parts of baking soda and mix to prepare a paste. Apply on the cabinets using a soft cloth or sponge. Leave it for a while and using cloth scrub it off and use a damp cloth for final cleaning.
- Ice cubes: If you have something tough and sticky foods stuck to cabinet use ice cubes to remove. Put few ice cubes in a Ziploc bag and hold it over the spot till the spot hardness. Use a plastic knife or a spoon to scrape the spot. For left over spot- apply paste of vinegar and salt and wipe using a soft cloth.
- Oil soap: To remove oil, grease from food, use oil soap like Murphy oil, orange oil or Pine sol cleaner. Pour little of the liquid on a soft cloth and rub onto cabinets until the oil or grease is gone. Use another clean cloth and remove rest of the residue.
- Vegetable oil and baking soda: In a bowl, mix vegetable oil and baking soda in 1:2 ratio. Prepare a paste and apply this on cabinet, particularly in the areas where there is knob and handle. Use a clean cloth and wipe it off.
For wooden cabinets – make sure that you do not dampen the cabinets for a long time.
For metal cabinets – Baking soda does not work properly on metal cabinets. Rest of the tips are good to use.
Grandma’s tips: www.healthylife.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: February 2, 2018