Mattresses harbor sweat, stain, dust, dirt, bed bugs, mites, hair etc. and while replacing the sheet, we tend to neglect mattresses.
We sleep on sheet thinking nothing is there on mattress or everything is clean.
Like bed sheets and pillows, we should give attention to cleanliness of mattresses.
Here are tips to take care mattresses. How to clean mattresses?
- Vacuum mattress: Remove dead skin, dust, hair. Every time when you change sheet vacuum mattress.
- Deodorize mattress: Spray baking soda on mattress, leave it for half an hour. Baking soda neutralizes odor. If you like add few drops of essential oil to baking soda before spraying.
- Stain: Body fluids like blood, urine, saliva falls on mattress.
- To get rid of stain – blot the stain, and excess moisture that left behind by stain should be blotted using dry cloth.
- Fresh body fluid – prepare baking soda, salt and water paste – rub on the area and leave it for few minutes. Use wet cloth and clean.
- Another solution to clean stain is: Take 2 Tbsp. of Hydrogen peroxide and 1 Tbsp. of dish soap – apply on stained area. Use a tooth brush and clean the stained area. It discolors the stain. Dry the mattress using a fan or wet-dry vacuum
- To remove stain and odor – use natural enzyme cleaners that are nontoxic.
- Mix salt and lemon juice and prepare a paste. Apply this on stain and leave it for an hour. Wipe off salt using clean, dry towel.
- Turn and flip your matters: Every season rotate the mattress.
- No water on mattress: Memory foam holds water that does not go away. If mattress does get blot and use fan to dry. Extract moisture using a -wet dry vacuum. Make sure mattress is dried off completely before using it.
- Mattress protector: Buy mattress protector to protect the surface. It takes all the beating and protects mattress
- Eliminate bed bugs: If you find bed bugs in your mattress, immediately address it. Check bed frame, pillow and box spring for bed bugs. If you cannot handle bed bugs call professional service and eliminate them.
- Air it out: Take advantage of Sun and put mattress out in the Sun for couple of hours. It eliminates bacteria and bad odor.
Keep your mattress clean for better sleep and health!
www.werindia.com: Grandma’s tips
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 5, 2018