Bloating during menopause is due to hormonal changes.
Once the ovary stops producing estrogen and progesterone bloating, fullness and heaviness stops.
Bloating can give uneasiness, tiredness, sense of fullness, heaviness to body. It distracts mind too.
There are many OTC medicines are available to reduce menopause symptoms.
If you are looking for natural remedies here grandma has few recommendations.
- Ginger tea: One-inch ginger, one tsp lemon juice and honey. Add grated ginger to a cup of water and boil. Strain, add lemon juice and honey. Ginger & honey being anti-inflammatory and analgesic helps to reduce bloating.
- Peppermint tea: Peppermint has menthol which is antispasmodic. Boil water and steep few peppermint leaves in water for about 10 minutes. Strain and drink.
- Drinking plenty of water: Staying hydrated helps to reduce bloating. Drink enough water to keep cells hydrated.
- Cinnamon tea: Boil water and add either a tsp of cinnamon powder or cinnamon stick. Let it steep for 10 minutes. Add little honey and drink. This reduces gas.
- Garlic: Include garlic in diet. Garlic aids in purging the body of gas. It also increases metabolism that generally slows down during menopause.
- Natural probiotics: Adding Yogurt, buttermilk in diet helps too. These probiotics put good bacteria into work and reduces gas buildup and cramping of muscle.
- Changing diet: Avoid high sodium foods including pickles, deep friend items, beans, broccoli, milk and bread. Instead of full meals, reduce portion and breakdown your eating for small meals throughout the day. Eat when you are hungry, but opt for small meals.
- In order to avoid water retention, reduce intake of parsley, celery, black tea and Coffee. Eliminate sugar intake. Reduce ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) in take as too much of Vit C can stress kidneys and retains water in the body.
- Eat more of asparagus, corn, cucumber, grapes, and watermelon may be helpful.
- Include: Vitamins A, D, E and B12 in your diet.
- Exercise: Regular 30 minutes workout including walking, dancing, yoga helps to reduce bloating symptoms. Yoga poses that support digestive system will help to reduce abdominal bloating. Exercise and sweating relieves water retention from midsection.
How to deal with menopause? See here: https://healthylife.werindia.com/health-tips/menopause-alternative-treatment
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 30, 2018