Sleep apnea condition has negative impact on our health. A person who suffers from sleep apnea stops breathing for short period while sleeping and are unable to take enough oxygen.
This also results in snoring, gasping and does not feel like having slept at all.
It triggers mental health issue, weight gain, memory loss, risk of heart failure, weak immune system etc.
There are many ways to reduce sleep apnea. Change in diet, reducing weight, good exercise, breathing devices, meditation with breathing and yoga practice helps.
Few home remedies also help to reduce sleep apnea…
1. Dill leaves: Boil a cup of dill leaves. Breath steam for couple of minutes before going to bed.
2. Poppy seeds: Grind 1 tsp of poppy seeds with 1 Tbsp. fresh coconut. Add this paste to a glass of warm milk before going to bed. This helps to stop snoring and gives good sleep.
3. Cucumber: Cut cucumber and take out central soft portion with seeds. Remove seeds and massage under the feet using rest of the central soft portion of cucumber fruit. This reduces body heat and helps to sleep without any disturbance.
4. Almond: Grind 4 to 5 almonds with a tsp of poppy seeds and add to milk. Drink before going to bed.
5. Onion: Fry one medium size red onion in little clarified butter. Mix with rice and have for dinner. This helps for easy breathing.
6. Cumin: Fry one tsp of cumin and prepare powder. Add little asafetida and mix with rice by adding a tsp of clarified butter. Smelling the aroma of cumin while frying also helps to get sleep.
7. Cinnamon powder: To one cup water add ½ tsp cinnamon powder and boil for three minutes. Add a tsp of honey and drink before going to bed.
8. Fenugreek: Dry fry fenugreek seeds and prepare powder. Add 1 tsp of fenugreek powder to a glass warm water and add 1 tsp of honey. Drink this half an hour before going to bed.
9. Garlic: Fry few garlic cloves with clarified butter. Have this during dinner. Garlic helps to open the airways and breathing becomes easy.
10. Chamomile: Chamomile tea helps to get good amount of sleep. Have hot chamomile tea before going to bed. It increases sleepiness by relaxing muscles.
11. Turmeric milk: Milk and turmeric powder helps to reduce inflammation of respiratory system and makes it easy for breathing. Add one tsp of turmeric powder to one cup milk. Boil and allow it to cool. Drink half an hour before going to bed.
If the problem prolongs and you are lethargic, suffering from no sleep and low energy for longer period it is better to consult your physician.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 26, 2018